PRIVACY NOTICE DISCLOSURE FOR SUPPLIERS, CREDITORS AND OTHERS
In compliance with the Federal Law for the Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Companies or Individuals, its Regulations and the Privacy Notice Disclosure Guidelines in force in Mexico (the Law) currently in force in the United Mexican States, we hereby inform you of the terms and conditions of the Privacy Notice Disclosure for Personal Data (Privacy Notice) of Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V., domiciled at: Calle Mario Pani No.100, Colonia Santa Fe Cuajimalpa, C.P. 05348, Alcaldía Cuajimalpa de Morelos, Mexico City, as well as of its subsidiaries which follow the same policies and procedures (collectively referred to as KOF).
1. What information do we collect?: In general, KOF collects your personal data through different formats personally, such as:
(I) General personal identification and contact information data such as:name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail, Federal Taxpayers’ Registry ID (Clave del Registro Federal de Contribuyentes, RFC), Unique Population Registry Code (Clave Única de Registro de Población, CURP), signature, nationality, contact information for commercial and personal references; and
(II) Sensitive and financial data such as: bank account number and Interbank Standardized Bank Code (Clabe Interbancaria) account number for electronic transfers, income, expenses, Mexican Social Security Institute (Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, IMSS) employer registration, Internet digital tax receipts (Comprobantes fiscales digitales por internet, CFDI) of payroll, Determination of salary income tax withholdings, Determination of Value Added Tax, Acknowledgement of Receipt of the Federal Tax Return and Bank Payment Receipt, monthly and bimonthly Tax Assessment Certificates, Proof of payment of worker-employer’s contributions, union membership, all as part of the supplier – creditor registration process of KOF and fulfillment of its obligations; We collect this information directly or through vendors and/or third parties contracted by KOF, you may be required to provide copies of such documents, which will be safeguarded with the necessary technical, administrative and physical security measures to ensure the protection of your personal data.
2. For what purposes do we use your information?: The personal data we collect has the following purposes:
• Primary: (a) for identification purposes; (b) to carry out the hiring of specialized services that KOF requires; (c) for the purpose of carrying out the quotation of the various services that you provide; (d) to carry out the corresponding payments for the rendered services; and/or (e) to contact you personally, by telephone or e-mail for the aforementioned purposes, as well as to verify the fulfillment of your legal and fiscal obligations; f) to consult Credit Reports; g) to contact your commercial and personal references (h) for use in mobile applications, digital platforms and portals developed or contracted by KOF to process sales, payments and/or for promotional purposes and/or, as secondary purposes (i) to analyze and/or conduct periodic research and monitoring of your credit behavior, and/or any related to compliance evaluations, and others related to the purpose of your contract. In the collection and processing of your personal data, we comply with all the principles set forth in the Law (Article 6): Licitness, quality, consent, information, purpose, fairness, loyalty, proportionality and responsibility.
3. With whom do we share your information?: KOF may share or convey your personal data to its Subsidiaries and/or its Business Units as well as to one or more third parties, with whom we have previously entered into agreements with confidentiality and personal data protection clauses, as well as with its Shared Services Center known as Xpertal, as well as with the suppliers contracted for identification, statistical, internal and external administrative purposes (in this case as administrator of personal data), as well as for purposes of analysis, diagnosis and compliance evaluations of the information you provide to us as information about your background and performance. In no event shall we market personal data about you to a third party without your prior express consent. Any transfer of personal data by KOF will be solely for the purposes permitted by law. If you do not object through the means we have made available to you and made known to you in this Privacy Notice, we will understand that you have given your consent to the processing and transfer of your personal data pursuant to this Privacy Notice.
4. What are the security and control measures we use for the protection of your personal data?: KOF has implemented administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal data, which we also require to be fulfilled by the service providers we hire, even in the case of services provided by KOF’s subsidiaries.
5. Which department of KOF is responsible for supervising the handling and management of the personal data collected for the contracting our suppliers?: The department responsible for supervising the handling and management of suppliers’ personal data is: Atención a Datos Personales, which e-mail address is provided below. The personal data provided by you will be part of an archive that will contain your physical or digital file. You may request that your personal data be modified at any time by sending an e-mail to [email protected] advises you to update your personal data whenever it changes and to keep your information up to date.
6. How can you exercise your ARCO rights (access, rectification, cancellation and objection) and revoke your consent to the data processing?: The users owners of personal data may exercise their ARCO rights (Access, Rectification, Cancellation, and Opposition to the processing of their personal data) or, revoke the consent given to KOF for the treatment of their personal data, by sending their request directly to the department of Atención de Datos Personales through the e-mail account: [email protected], such request must contain at least: (a) Name and address or other means of communicating the response to your request; (b) Documents proving your identity (referred to above) or, if applicable, legal representation; (c) The clear and precise description of the personal data with respect to which it is requested to exercise any of the ARCO rights; and (d) any other element that facilitates the location of the personal data.
Within a period of no more than twenty (20) days from the date on which the request was received, KOF will communicate via e-mail, the determination adopted, so that if it is appropriate, the same becomes effective within fifteen (15) days from the date on which the response was communicated. In the case of requests for access to personal data, the Officer-in-Charge will proceed to make available the requested Information to the Owner via e-mail and prior proof of identity of the applicant or legal representative, as the case may be.
The aforementioned terms may be extended only once for an equal period, whenever justified by the circumstances of the case.
Likewise, at any time and by the aforementioned means, you may revoke your consent for the processing and use of your personal data. When the owner requests confirmation of the cancellation of the processing of his personal data, the Officer-in-Charge will expressly respond to such request by the same means and within the same deadlines referred to in the antepenultimate paragraph, if after the term established by the Law, KOF does not respond to your request, then you may initiate the procedure for the protection of ARCO rights before the National Institute of Transparency, Access to Information and Protection of Personal Data (Instituto Nacional de Transparencia, Acceso a la Información y Protección de Datos Personales, (INAI).
7. When can you exercise your ARCO rights and revoke your consent to processing? processing?: Under the terms of the Law, as of January 6, 2012, you may submit a request to exercise your ARCO rights, and within 15 (fifteen) days following the date on which KOF responds to your request or, if after the term established by the Law, KOF does not respond to your request, then you may initiate the ARCO rights protection procedure at the INAI.
8. Modifications to the Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time. In case there is any change in this Privacy Notice, it will be communicated by posting a visible annotation on our Portal. For your security, please review the content of this Privacy Notice at any time by sending a request to our email account [email protected]
9. Other applicable laws and regulations. The laws and regulations of other countries may impose different requirements for the protection of information in general and of personal data collected via the Internet or by any other means. KOF is located in Mexico and all matters related to this Notice are governed by the laws of Mexico.
If you are located in a country other than Mexico and you contact us, please be aware that any information you provide us will be transferred to Mexico, and at the time of entering your information you authorize this transfer and the acceptance of this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice complies with the requirements established by the Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Companies or Individuals (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares) (articles 15 and 16).
Date of last update of this Privacy Notice: August 15, 2022
You represent to KOF that the personal data and financial data that are the subject of this Privacy Notice have been obtained in a free, informed, voluntary and unequivocal manner and that you agree that KOF carries out the processing thereof in terms of the Law and of this Notice.