Mexico City, Mexico – March 21st, 2017 – Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV: KOFL; NYSE: KOF) (“Coca-Cola FEMSA” or the “Company”), the largest franchise bottler of Coca-Cola products in the world in terms of sales volume, presented today the results of its Sustainability performance in the Sustainability Report 2016: Accelerating towards Excellence.
Through this report, Coca-Cola FEMSA showed the progress towards its 2020 Goals and the contribution to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals, as part of the Sustainability Strategic Framework and the vision to consolidate themselves as multi-category beverage leader in the world.
The most relevant highlights among the presented results by Coca-Cola FEMSA are the following:
1. Fortifying a beverage portfolio composed of 12 categories and 154 brands, of which 36% are low- or no-calorie options globally.
2. Sales volume of 4 billion unit cases throughout 2.8 million sale points, reaching 375 million consumers in the world.
3. Generating more than 100 thousand direct Jobs and 1.5 million indirect Jobs across the value chain.
4. Benefited over 1 million people with healthy habits programs.
5. Promote community development by purchasing local materials and investing in the development of small and medium company suppliers.
6. Launched the Latin American Commitment for a Healthy Future, a multi-sector partnership along with Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation, promoting adequate decisions for healthy habits in young students and their families.
7. Investment of over US $31.5 million in training, social development, volunteering, industrial safety and occupational health.
8. Savings of US $29 million in environmental efficiencies at the global level.
9. Advance to the global goal of water replenishment in Mexico and Brazil, and recycling of 93% of all the generated waste.
10. This year, 29% of the manufacturing energy used worldwide was supplied by clean sources, achieving a
progress of 74% in Brazil and 46% in Mexico, in which the goal to achieve 85% by 2020 has been established.
“At Coca-Cola FEMSA, we have the commitment to generate economic, social and environmental value to contribute towards sustainable development. Today we are in a transformation stage where we accelerate towards excellence in our company,” said John Santa Maria, Chief Executive Officer for Coca-Cola FEMSA.
The Sustainability Report 2016: Accelerating towards Excellence follows the GRI-G4 and counts with external verification for the presented information, considering feedback and reviews from the different indexes where the Company participates, as the Sustainability Ranking from the Mexican Stock Exchange for sixth consecutive year, the Dow Jones Emerging Markets Sustainability Index for fourth consecutive year, FTSE 4 Good Emerging Index and Vigeo-Eiris Emerging 70 Ranking. The complete document is available along with the Annual Report 2016 on the Company’s website: www.coca-colafemsa.com